There are several types of different variations of the fireproof enclosure design. It all depends on what the application requirements are and what are the dimensional and operational parameters of the device that is being used. In addition to this, there are standards in the basic design principles that are being practiced by the community when it comes to the fireproof industrial enclosure systems. These include:
- Cables and connectors that does not have a direct entry into the enclosure.
- The external flange displays the strong metal-to-metal bonding or have a vented joint that should not exceed the allowance for the maximum gap.
- The rubber and other materials has the possibility of deterioration should not be utilized in sealing the joints.
- All the externals needed in facing the joints and the flanges are installed and machined within the limits of preset minimum distance that exists between the inner and outer sides of the enclosures.
- Any fasteners should be utilized to properly secure all the covers that are being hooded.
- The shaft and the spindle bearings should be able to maintain a specific minimum length and maximum radical clearance in accordance to the application requirements.
The specific standards for these fireproof electrical enclosures should greatly vary depending on the type of the fireproofing project that is going at hand, but the meticulous and careful testing should be always implemented to carefully determine the electrical enclosures’ effectiveness. Once the required tests for these involves the identification the maximum pressure that could result to gas explosion internal of the electrical enclosure, and then exposing the electrical box to a higher temperature in tis environment is necessary to measure and evaluate its protection levels.
This type of test is also being utilized to effectively verify whether the explosion inside the enclosure will ignite in the presence of combustible atmosphere and spread fire to the external systems.
The integrity of the structure is one of the most crucial and critical characteristics the fireproof enclosures has and makes it important for the electrical enclosure to be tamper-proof and highly efficient. By installing and repairing the electrical box requires specific training and certification and the process should be able to follow all the standard in safety protocols and manufacturer recommendations for all of its components.
The cables and the conduits utilized for the connection of the fireproof electrical box should also be able to play a very important role in the reduction of the ignition risk. Even if the fireproof standards might vary in different manufacturing companies.